Speedometer Problem Update

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer Problem Update
From: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:29:55 -0400
I want to thank everyone for their help with my problem. I was told by the
mechanic that my overdrive was from a Volvo and that the speedo Driven gear
is not something I want to change because the transmission has to be pulled
and taken apart. He told me to get the speedometer recalibrated. Is this the
cheapest option? Some also suggest to get an adapter to solve the problem.
What to do, what to do. Is it possible that I only need to recalibrate or
more needs to be done? I definitley don't want to put a Volvo speedometer
into my car.

Patrick

ps. If anyone plans to buy an Overdrive from this dude in New Zealand...Make
sure you get a guarantee that it is made for your car. Otherwise you will be
faced with the same problems I am having. He sold them to me as TR-6
overdrives and they were from Volvo's.