Re: TR-6 Speedometer for OD Tranny

To: january@chemeketa.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Speedometer for OD Tranny
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:07:51 EDT
Haven't really followed this thread.....but if no one has suggested........

I spent hours trying to match speedo drive wheels from a JType overdrive to a
tr4a speedo........Hours and Hours.......have several different wheels with
different number teeth, if anyone is interested!

You go to a good speedo shop after having driven 5 miles at 60 miles an hour
with your current setup.......and tell them how many minutes and seconds it
took  (I used freeway mile signs).  Take you cable with you after having
decided where you want the little reduction unit (about the size of a gas
filter.  They will pick the correct gears for the unit, cut your cable and
insert it at that point.....Job done.....works perfectly.......is hidden down
in the bowels somewhere......and really not that expensive........mine was
way less than a hundred......but that was then and now is now.........Hope
this helps........

(I just mailed mine to a place in Seattle.......and they mailed it back to me
within a week.)

Clark