Re: Window replacement (no lbc but old car related)

To: bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window replacement (no lbc but old car related)
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:16:09 EDT
I had a custom windshield cut for a Jeep CJ.  It was totally flat laminated
glass and VERY inexpensive.    It was a while ago, but as I recall, I just
looked up glass in the yellow pages - don't think their main line was auto,
more like windows and mirrors.
good luck!
Bill

In a message dated 10/3/2002 11:29:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net writes:

> Sorry for the non LBC content, but most of you guys are car enthusiasts -
> (at least I would think so)
> I unfortunately cracked the side window on my 1940 Ford pickup while trying
> to extract it (darn things are heavy for a small piece of glass!!).
> Replacements as far as I can tell are non-existent.  Where can I go to get
> a replacement made?  This is a flat piece of laminated glass about one
> quarter inch thick, with ground edges just as the front windshield is.  It
> is NOT tempered glass as newer vehicles are, but safety laminated glass.
> Now it doesnt have to be laminated if tempered can be used  but can a
> windshield replacement place custom make one?  Anybody have this done to
> provide guidelines?

Bill Babbitt
TR3A
TVR Tasmin 280i