RE: TR3a hardtop hardware

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a hardtop hardware
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:45:38 -0400
Hi all,

Well, TS54226L now has a hard top!!!

I picked it up yesterday and as with most things everything was not 100%.
The top itself is in near mint condition.  No flaws in the FG, all the edges
complete with no chips, dings etc.  Since this top had been on the donor car
for 25 years straight it was a challenge to lift off once all of the bolts
were undone.

The rubber along the back edge remained stuck to the body.  A DPO had spot
welded the windshield brackets and the rear brackets.  So, it looks like I
will need to get new hardware :-)

The inside is covered with what I would consider a very short pile tan
carpet?!?!?!?  The rear window is clear, no scratches, no clouding, the
sealing rubber has no cracks etc, but is hard.

The aluminum trim pieces for the door openings are in perfect shape.

So I have some cleaning to do on it before I send it to the body shop to  be
repainted.

Regards
David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
'74 Spitfire - FM10491L
Homepage
http://www.trandmustang.homestead.com

TR3a homepage