LBC ownership -- genetics?

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC ownership -- genetics?
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade2@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:37:14 -0600 FILETIME=[6B78F020:01C26960]
Well, I guess I've proven the theory that if you expose your family to LBC's
(specifically Triumphs), and show them the joys of ownership, they will also
begin to take an interest.  We always talk about bringing the younger
generation along - and I agree that we need to do this to ensure the life of
the marque.  But my story is a little different.

While I did a frame-off resto on my '76 TR6, my father watched with
fascination.  I thought it was to see if I could really do it.  Well, he
admitted his desire to own a sportscar - his first ever.  Well, this past
weekend, he purchased a 1975 Spitfire 1500 as a project.  Everything's
there, but a little body blasting will help us understand what condition the
body is truly in.  His timeline is aggressive:  he wants it done by next
driving season.  8^)  [well, I seem to remember making a similar comment to
him about my TR6 when I started.]

Anyway, I think this is his way to capture a youthful path that he never
pursued.  It might just also be a way for him to have my youngest brother
and myself work with him to get the project done.

Now, if we can just find a good place to do the resto that isn't in my
garage.  I don't think my wife can put up with another restoration at our
house for several more years.

Later,
Eric Conrad
'76 TR6  (CF52678U)