Re: It's not easy being Green

To: M Brooks <mike@gsta.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It's not easy being Green
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:20:44 -0400
I like Green but it seems like most people
> don't unless it's British (Triumph) Racing Green or some other dark shade.
> What do you folks think?

My non-LBC daily driver is a 1969 Plymouth Belvedere, and it is the most
unusual shade of green for a 4 door sedan- "Lime- Light Metallic" and is a
very green green- almost the color of grass in the sunlight. Most people
look and ask why I keep it. I was going to redo the car as a black and white
Adam-12 car(same type, interior et al) but I had too much fun driving it!  I
got used to the color, and kind of like it now. It grows on you. Like
moss.(Kate Moss? ;)  )

Scott

PS- I have seen Road Runners and other MoPars in the same shade, and think
it is nice. Like "Orange Crush", it is not a color you see every day,
especially in the current black, white, grey, 3 shades blue, 2 shades red
and 1 dark green automotive paint world we live in. (My statement for the
day on the absolutely boring state of cars produced by unimaginative
designers, who copy everybody else to be at the cutting edge for "Generation
X" but who basically annoy my automotive sensitivities by making oversized
M&M's with wheels and every gadget known to man, God and alien crammed
within.)
S.