Re: repainting cost

To: "'dncullig@us.ibm.com'" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: repainting cost
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:28:25 -0400
Hi all,

My TR3a has a proessional body job as well. I gave the body shop a
completely stripped car (trim, paint, all apart), and the result is
absolutely beautiful. They made sure there were no ripples in the fender and
all the seams are perfect. Then the paint consisted of 2 base, 3 clear.

They also did a significant amount of bodywork.

This all cost me $10Kcdn($7500usd), some think me insane, until they see the
job and this will be the last paint job the '3 will get for a very long
time.

IMO, you do pay for what you get. $400usd will look like $400usd from any
distance, but the most important point of this entire thread is, what do you
want, it is your car!!!!!!

David A. Templeton - on vacation, finally :-P
'59 TR3a
'74 Spitfire