Re: Motor Heritage Centre, Gaydon

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor Heritage Centre, Gaydon
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:01:51 +0100
Hi Michael
Gaydon, Where to start, a large well laid out museum, with a series of
special features, period area where even the road surface matches the
vehicle ages, When I was there earlier in the year they had a selection of
cars owned by royalty to celebrate the Jubilee. Prior to this the area had a
formula one display, the display in this area changes from time to time.
Outside there is an off road experience area, where you can watch a display
of what the Land Rover can do, or for a small charge you can go round in the
Land Rover.
For even more to do go on the Triumph marque day, hundreds of Triumphs will
be there often including rare prototypes!
IMHO whatever you do pay this place a visit, but don't pop in, go for the
day!  All in all #8.00 isn't too bad for something to do all day.

Graham.
Ps I have been at least once a year now for the last few years! Starting
with #40 or more to get off the Island!