Need some Ignition - Coil advise!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need some Ignition - Coil advise!
From: Divits@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:36:09 EDT
Hello all,

Here's what's happening. I took the TR250 out last night and everything was
going great. Then I got on the Highway and really got on it and when I was in
third the car kinda hiccuped (just once) and went fine there after. Then when
I got to the end of the Exit ramp at the stop sign she just died! I tried to
restart her but it just wouldn't fire...the motor was turning and all but it
just wouldn't fire. I opened the hood and checked the wires on the coil and
the connections are all nice and clean. I then tried to start the motor again
and vroom it started right up! Then about 20 minutes later it did it again. I
opened the hood wiggled the wires on the coil and it fired right up again!?!?

What could be the problem...is the coil going bad? If I buy a new coil what
does the list recommend...what's the best coil to go with (I do drive my car
pretty hard)? Is it time to go to electronic ignition...if so what does the
list recommend?

TIA
John
1968 TR250