Now What?

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, Eric S Hanson <merlin42@erols.com>
Subject: Now What?
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 00:08:20 -0400
Well, she runs, and she DRIVES! Yes! The 64 Herald emerged this evening, around
10, to a cloudy moonlit night, for her inaugural cruise around the block. 4.1
miles later, she went back into her bay for rest and finishing up details- hood
and frame installation, lower sill panels, rear seat.

She took a bit of adjustment to her SU's, assisted by an MGTD owner who stopped
by for a quick visit(I got to grind gears in that car, too!) and we took her
out on the public roadways for the first time since I've owned her, and for her
first self powered jaunt in around a decade. Steering was smooth, power was
steady and smooth, and she stops well, although a little spongy in the pedal(I
think she may need another bout with the bleeder.) Clutch works perfunctorily,
and all seems well. I noticed her right rear wheel is canted a little in at the
front, so I may need to add shims there. The steering wheel has a little tilt,
as well, so a more thorough alignment is definitely in the plans.

Charging system, lights and electrics all seem in good form. And the temp gauge
finally started working!

Tomorrow, a little fun run, and oil change, putting in the straight 30 Non
Detergent stuff for break in.

Just happy to have had her out FINALLY!!!

Scott
(still a little disoriented by the open roof, et al...)

\