RE: TR6 toe-in >

To: "'Jack Hiddlestone'" <LUNASTONE@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 toe-in >
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:55:51 -0400
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Thanks for the info Dick. I'll see about making one of those wooden gages.

It may be that there are 16 TPI on the rods, but that's not what I was
talking about. If you recall, I started out with 1/4" toe-out. Four turns on
the tie rod brought the toe to zero. That's where I got the 1/16" per turn.
I confirmed this when I went two turns the other way to go from 3/16" to
1/16" toe-in. Note I was working with one rod only for a while because the
steering wheel wasn't centered and was trying to get it right.

- Hugh