RE: Warneford filters

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Warneford filters
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:05:01 -0700
> My b62 TR4....also came with Cibe non-sealed beam headlights with
> a sticker inside the housing that said not for road use.

FWIW, US law in the past required that non-seal beam headlights be labeled
that way, in spite of the fact that the headlights were superior in every
way to 'approved' headlights.  The federal requirement for sealed beams was
quietly dropped several years ago, but some states (including CA) still
require seal beam replacements on cars originally so equipped.  I've been
using 'illegal' headlights for some 30 years now, no one has ever questioned
them.

So while it's certainly possible your car was from Canada, it's also
possible your PO just felt being able to see was more important than the
letter of the law.

Randall