TR6 Gearbox Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Gearbox Question
From: Jon & Susan <jsmessier@mail.earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:12:00 -0500
Hello,

I've got a question regarding the Gearbox # on my early 1974 TR6.

Mine appears like this: CC9v983513. If you look closely, the "v", the "8"
and the last "3" are smaller (much smaller) than the rest of the numbers.
Is that normal? Do I have a freak or special gearbox?

Any help shedding some light on why it is this way would be great.

Also, I am sure that this is been discussed before, but I want to ask
anyway: when did the bumper overrides start for the TR6? Was it in the
middle of the year or did it happen for ALL 1974 cars?

Thanks as always!

Jon