RE: Stator Tube Dimensions TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stator Tube Dimensions TR3
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:30:09 -0700
> It was suggested to search the archives for the dimensions of the stator
> tube. It was suggested to use brake line tubing 3/8 inch by
> approx. 6ft. Hard
> to find size. The 60" is the one you need actually.  Trim off the flared
> ends, make your notch at the top and it should work.

However as I recall the inside diameter of the brake line is smaller than
the original stator tube, making it correspondingly more difficult to pull
the wires through.

Note that the length of the tube, and the size of the notch, are different
depending on whether you have the adjustable steering wheel or not.

Realey Healey supposedly has reproduction stator tubes, in the proper thin
wall tubing.  I don't know the price, but I'm sure it's a lot more than
$5.95 <g>
http://www.realeyhealey.com/

Randall