Re: more ride height stuff...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more ride height stuff...
From: ExTR3A@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:45:36 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/02 7:22:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nfreeman@baincapital.com writes:

> well, my TR4 rides low, but ONLY in the front drivers side wheel...the
> others
> are all fine...when I corner to the right and brake simultaneously, the
> tire
> rubs in the fender (i can hear it)...I do hope the tire doesnt blow out one
> day...
>
> the clearance between fender and tire on the low side is about 1.5", on the
> highside about 3"...it seems to be true both measured wheel-fender and
> frame-ground....
>
> Ive swapped the springs (both sides) for new ones, and that did
> nothing...nothing is obviosuly bent or screwed up...
>
> Any thoughts?

Seeing as how you're in Massachusetts, I'd guess you just have one of those
liberal TR4s -- it automatically leans left.  The only cure is to acquire the
left front suspension from a TR4 in, say, Texas.  ;-)

Chris Eck
Triumphless

"Politics is like a road, in that the only useful surface is in the middle.
The extreme right and left are just in the gutters."  - Dwight David
Eisenhower