Reupholstering TR6 seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Reupholstering TR6 seats
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:43:56 EDT
Today turned out to be a rainy day in Georgia so I decided to dive into
rebuilding the seats in my newly acquired TR6.  I had forgotten how much fun
this is!

My question to the list is related to any shortcuts others may have found,
especially in reinstalling the foam side bolsters. It looks like the RTF foam
kit material isn't long enough to reach the back of the frame.  Will this be
a problem?  Also, is it best to try to attach the foam to frame then cover or
install foam and cover as one piece.  I did this to an old 6 about 12 years
ago but simply don't remember the sequence.

Anyone tackled this recently with ideas to share (other than patience and
beer, which I've already discovered are mandatory elements)?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR6