RE: Oil leak

To: ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil leak
From: "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:38:31 -0500 FILETIME=[2D3E48B0:01C24597]
I've tried almost everything to stop the leaking.  The best I have been able
to do is to reduce it to only 1 qt/10 miles.  This still seems excessive and
is certainly coating the bottom of the car.

I have a very slight dent in the housing.  It doesn't stop the canister from
"wobbling" until It snugs up to the sealing ring (I pulled the canister
after one session to determine if it was sealing.  There was a nice
impression of the canister all around the sealing ring.)  I don't think that
the leak is upstream from the top of the canister, because that area is
always dry after one of my purging sessions.

When I get a chance, I'm going to pull the mount from the block, machine the
very slight "out-of-round" out of it, and then take another crack at an
adaptor and a spin-on.

Randall:  will send you jpg of mount off-list.  I did a Norton today, so I
should be sanitary.

D.

David Dressel
Champaign, IL USA