Re: Overheated TR6... CRUNCH! GRIND! Sadness.

To: "Ian Clough" <mc_ian@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Overheated TR6... CRUNCH! GRIND! Sadness.
From: "Bill McLeod" <wbmcleod@theriver.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 02:30:02 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pull off your fan belt, and try starting, or at least revolving, the engine.
Try revolving the water pump by hand.  That is the most likely culprit.  You
will not do the engine any additional harm by turning it with the starter,
and if the engine has failed in any major way, it is unlike to turn in any
case.  Take care, Bill McLeod, Slightly Classics, Tucson, Arizona (slightly
south of Lake Erie)