RE: TR-6 Brakes

To: "'Patrick Bitton '" <pbitton@axess.com>, "'Triumph '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Brakes
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:21:39 -0400
Patrick:

Try the old wrench trick. Put a wrench on the rear output pipe fitting of
the MC (the one going to the front brakes). Stand on left foot behind door
with other foot on brake pedal. Lean forward to hold wrench with left hand
while reaching around windshield frame. You are tall so you can reach. Now
crack open fitting a little and push brake pedal to floor. Tighten fitting
and release pedal. Repeat until fluid is sucked in with each stroke. This
pumps the MC full of fluid and will get the system moving. Do the same for
the rear brakes. Make sure MC does not suck in air, or you start over. Once
the MC is moving you can do the same thing at the rear brakes using a
broomstick for pedal action. Or by then your little vacuum might start
working.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6