TRF Summer Party

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRF Summer Party
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:08:13 -0400
I just got back from Pa. It was a great time.  I really enjoyed the ride up
there, through the Blue Ridge Pkwy and across the mountains of West Va.  Its a
great ride in a TR if you like Mountains and valleys , cool mountain air and
lots of curves.  I caught up to the group at Fancy Gap, Va.
We had 4 tr6's, 1 TR4, and 1 Buick Lesabre, picking up a TR3 bonnet at TRF.
I almost made it without a hitch.
About an hour from home I saw smoke coming out of the steering column.  I lost
my main headlight beams. The switch must have melted because I can't move the
stalk up or down. I was able to activate the high beams by pulling the handel
toward me  and continued home.
While at the TRF i know one of the used part vendors had half a dozen of these
switches,   Too bad I didn't get names.
Tomorrow I'll be taking  the column apart and making some calls to locate a
used main beam switch.
It was nice seeing everyone this weekend
PS,  The 2nd movie was much better than the first
Cheers
al salvatore
76tr6 Dailey