Re: TR3 radiator removal simplified??

To: RayAntoky@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 radiator removal simplified??
From: "Bob Westerdale" <Bob.Westerdale@ametek.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:07:18 -0400 |January 7, 2002) at 08/13/2002 06:07:20 PM, Serialize complete at 08/13/2002 06:07:20 PM
Cc: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Ray-
I think these are 1/4-28 locknuts,  with small slits cut in the nut bodies
to provide the anti-loosening feature.  They appear to have rounded edges
on the locknut portion,,  but I am pretty sure they actually do have 7/16"
flats on them .... but they are small....  take a look with a mirror, and
use an open end wrench as they let you get in closer than a socket....
( sometimes!!)
Good Luck
Bob Westerdale
59 3A TS36967