Yahoo comments on list

To: "'majordomo@autox.team.net'" <majordomo@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yahoo comments on list
From: john donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:48:59 -0700
Cc: "'triumphmail list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello Mark,

I know we've never met, but I've been a subscriber/contributor to the
triumph.autox.net list for about 5 or 6 years, off and on. I've also been a
member of, dare I say it, the Yahoo list as well. There are a bunch of
loyal listers on the autox.net list, many more so than the "other" one, and
they've pretty much voiced their opinion recently on the subject of autox
vs. yahoo. One person who hasn't said anything is you.

If you've read the listings, but ignore the mudslinging, it started out
with a comment about archives and file areas on autox.net, and why can't
this site be more like the yahoo site with their bells and whistles. The
loyal listers defended the list as "that's all we need" so to speak, and
"how dare you say anything against this list". But, the mudslinging became
pretty severe and nothing constructive happened, only damaged feelings and
ruffled feathers.

It's been a while, but autox.net used to have a archives area, and I
believe I still have a link to listquest in "favorites". I'm not sure
what's going on here and that's the reason I'm sending you this e-mail.
>From everything I've seen in the last few years you're the "administrator"
of the list. Communication is a powerful thing. Maybe you addressing a few
basic questions would keep this from happening in the future.

1) Will the listquest search engine and file area be restored? If so, what
will it take? Is there a timeline?
              If not, is there something else to take it's place?

2) Are there other "bells and whistles" that you've considered adding? And
what would adding these take?

3) As a "subscriber" to the list how can I help? Is it money, time,
donations? Where do I send it?

Mark, many thanks for your efforts in keeping the list going. Maybe I'll
get to buy you a cold one at a Triumph gathering some day.

John in San Diego
'67 TR4A IRS
'71 Volvo P1800E (a Swedish LBC)