bleeding oil

To: steven@newellboys.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: bleeding oil
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:13:39 EDT
Steven,
I think someone mentioned a couple years ago (maybe Randall) that you don't
need to bleed that oil guage pressure line. And I'm curious what you just
bought? the plastic type? Or original copper tubing like on my late TR4
CT22326L? I've never had a problem with leaks although 20 odd years ago I too
thought I should bleed it and had oil squirting all over behind my dash when
I started the motor...oops.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
-----
I'm installing the new oil pressure hose (from Moss) to replace the one that
last week leaked a few quarts of oil in a 1 1/4 mile stripe from the grocery
store to my garage. When I install the new pipe, do I need to "bleed" the air
from the pipe to the gauge?
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO