Replacement Top (just a few more questions)

To: "INTERNET:corey.sherman@RCN.COM" <corey.sherman@RCN.COM>
Subject: Replacement Top (just a few more questions)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:08:33 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <6Pack@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:corey.sherman@RCN.COM
>After this weekend, my top can not be repaired, and so MUST be replaced.
Your responses, as always, were terrific.

My first inclination is to contract a professional to install, but when I
called a local shop (Top-Stitch) I nearly fell off my "seat."  $450 to
install a supplied top, or another $400 for theirs.

Does that pricing seem right ?
Should I take this project on myself ?
<

Was he wearing a mask when he said that?

You should pack the top in the boot and drive to St. Louis.  My local guy
installs tops for $150.  Well worth it in my book.

Dave Massey
St. Louis (where else?)