Re: TR3 Clutch Fluid Leak?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Clutch Fluid Leak?
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:00:23 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/02 10:27:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> However, sometimes the master cylinder gets air locked, and then you'll have
> to bleed, either at the bleed screw on the slave, or by loosening the
> fitting at the MC.
>
> Randall

Hi guys:

Since the parts were new including the hoses and cylinders I thought maybe a
slight leak, but I couldn't see any after plenty of pumping with the system
closed. My good buddy Jaguar Joe came by with his 'wealth of knowledge',
insisting I needed to change the slave, master or both. I showed him no leaks
and then Randall's pt. about "air locked". Sure enough as Jag Joe pumped I
opened the bleeder on the slave, pumped out some fluid that seemed to be
somewhat foamy at first. Three strong pumps then we locked it down. Sure
enough it goes forward in all gears again and reverses as well.
How about that folks!

Thanks to all!

Ray Antoky (in Brooklyn, NY)
59 TR3A