Alternater & Positive ground?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternater & Positive ground?
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 05:54:51 -0700 (PDT)
Can an alternator be used on a positive ground car?

Yes I know converting a car to negative ground is not a difficult task.

However years ago before I knew that,  I went to all the trouble of purchasing
a positive ground electronic ignition system for my TR-4.

Id rather not trash the ignition system just so I can put in an alternator.

On the other hand, Id really like some more amps at low RPM so the electric
fan will work better.

Thanks for all the help I get from everyone.

Scott Tilton
No 1970 TR6 today . . . my wife stole it!
Leesburg, VA
http://health.yahoo.com