Terminal Numbers? - New Wiper Switch For TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Terminal Numbers? - New Wiper Switch For TR6
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:59:54 EDT
List,

I think I have this figured out but thought I'd ask before I actually connect
the battery....has anyone purchased a new TR6 windscreen wiper switch from
TRF and figured out which terminals are #1, #2, #3, and #4 (referencing Dan
Masters' wiring diagrams)?  Yes, I know the switch is expensive and believe
me, when you see it, you'll really wonder why!

The terminals for the wiper motor on the new switch aren't marked.  Using
some clip leads and a couple of test lights, I think I have it figured out
and am even considering hooking up an old wiper motor with correct harness to
be sure I've got it right.  But, if someone's been there and remembers the
term numbers, I would be grateful for the info.

TIA

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration nearing
completion
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - on the road and enjoying another driving
season!