RE: TR2/3/3A Restoration Book

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2/3/3A Restoration Book
From: "Bill Haenlin" <whaenlin@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:31:36 -0400
Dave Mackay wrote:
"I chanced across a book last night that I thought might interest the
list.  It is "How to Restore Triumph TR2, 3, and 3A" by Roger Williams.
It is a softback of 192 pages with over 550 photos and illustrations."

My Review:

Well I bought and have received the book.  It seems quite detailed and
covers a great deal of information about the process and many topics
beyond simply doing the hard work.  Bur, one glaring issue I take with
the book is that many and I do mean many illustrations show a TR4, now I
understand there are some great similarities in the models of the late
TR3A and B but.... I want a book that covers what it says it covers on
the cover!!  If I had a TR4 ( and I wish I did!) I would then buy a book
on how to restore a TR4!  So if you are willing to look at the book for
advice and see images and illustrations of a TR4 and then apply it some
how to the TR2/3/3A/3B you have in front of you and make it worthwhile
then go for it.  I don't regret buying the book, it's been super
informative on those areas I was struggling with but I am irritated by
the constant barrage of TR4 references and data.  Ok, that's my review,
now simply put would I recommend the book to a person restoring a
TR2/3/3A/B?  The answer is YES, absolutely, it is a must have for that
that series of roadsters and a must have for your library of Triumph
books.  Maybe the author could be persuaded to release an updated
version  that has the TR4 info removed and replaced with TR2/3 info.....
Pretty Please???

Bill & Nicole Haenlin

whaenlin@carolina.rr.com