RE: A-type OD spacer / washer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A-type OD spacer / washer
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:36:52 -0700
Cc: sdtilton@yahoo.com
> The special washer . spacer that goes between the two rear
> bearings on the tail
> end of the OD was MISSING.
>
> Apparently this washer comes in various thicknesses between .146"
> and .181" to
> set the bearing pre-load or something.
>
> They also are apparently not a normally stocked item anywhere . . . since
> everyone else in the world remembers to KEEP their washer when the rebuild
> their overdrive.

Scott, aren't you talking about P/N 500623 ?  Rimmers has several
thicknesses listed on their web site (0.146" through 0.166"), and TRF has a
single rather thick one listed in their 2002 catalog.

Another source would be Herman van den Akker, who has a stock of specially
made oversize washers, which he can machine to the thickness you need.
(Note that these are high strength hardened alloy washers, not just anything
will do.)  Herman has on hand, or can make quickly, almost any of the
various washers, including thicknesses never offered by the factory (which
are sometimes required to compensate for wear in other NLA components).

I don't know if he's back from VTR yet, but when he is, you can contact him
at :
Herman van den Akker
689 Azure Hills Dr.
Simi Valley, CA 93065