trans help

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: trans help
From: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:58:38 -0700
Can someone give me some tips on how to fill the trans with oil? Can I
do it from underneath with the front up on ramps? It seems you need to
put the oil in a bottle with a hose to be able to get it in the filler
hole.
Reason I ask is I think a trans seal has failed and there are some
terrible noises coming from the trans when in gear. shearing sounds,
knocking, sounds like something is loose in there. garage floor has oil
drippings from front trans area, looks like someone poured silver paint
in the oil, i'm gonna assume it is pulverized metal from the gears. new
front and rear main seals and front trans cover seals were installed
when clutch was last serviced about 8 months ago.

Ryan
71 TR6