It's aliiiiiiive!

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Victoria Rupert (E-mail)" <rupertv@co.oakland.mi.us>
Subject: It's aliiiiiiive!
From: Dave Rupert <Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:00:19 -0400
Fellow listers,

On a dark and stormy night, the beast lay cold and dead on the slab.  Barely
teetering on the edge of sanity, the architect of this monster made last
minute adjustments.   Finally, the moment came.  A bolt of electricity was
applied to the beast's heart.  Nothing.  More adjustments, more maniacal
laughter.  The master's assistant came in to work the levers of the
diabolical machine while the master himself buried his hands inside the
beast, twisting and turning various parts.  Another bolt of electricity was
applied.  The beast coughed and gagged, then was silent.  More adjustments.
Another bolt.  The beast spat, choked, and erupted to life!
All the dogs in the neighborhood started barking and howling as the wide
open header blasted out a wall of sound.  Adjusted the timing and the idle
on the fly, and the noise dropped in intensity, if not in volume.  Oil
pressure at 80 psi, temp gauge right in the middle.  Let it run for 15
minutes or so, then shut it down.  Time for the first oil change.
After 10 long years of blood, sweat and work, cold nights in the garage, and
more buckets of money than I care to think about, my bottom-up restoration
of a 1967 TR4A is getting tantalizingly close to completion.  To those who
have gone before me, my heartfelt thanks for your advice, encouragement, and
spare parts.  To those who follow after, don't give up.  Steady and
consistent effort will see you to the finish line.

Regards

Dave Rupert
1967 TR4A (now running!)
1957 TR3