TR3A Throwout bearing

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Throwout bearing
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 19:52:21 EDT
Seeing as I have had to remove the engine and tranny since breaking the
crankshaft, I figure I would take this opportunity to replace the throwout
bearing,  The current bearing makes a little noise that goes away when the
clutch pedal is depressed.  In checking the 40 yearold bearing it has a
gritty sound as if there is dirt or sand in it.

A while back there was a thread about how some of the new replacement
bearings don't hold up and that there is a way to convert a LandRover bearing
to fit the TR3A.

My question is for anyone one with real life experience as to where I should
get a good quality bearing or if that is suspect, how do I convert a
LandRover bearing to the task.

Thanks in advance, everyone's been a big help over the last four years.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  (apart again)