TR6 taillight sockets - Side lights

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 taillight sockets - Side lights
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 09:37:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone.

I finally got around to installing the TR6 taillight assembly that I bought at
TCOC's The Gathering.

Appearance wise it is 1000% better than the old pitted one with the broken off
corner.

In preparation for the task, I was looking at associated parts and in
particular the light sockets.

I thought it was strange that the bulb holders for the side light was NA in
Moss's catalog.

When it came time to make the swap . . I found that tail light assemblies in
the car had larger holes for these bulb holders than the newly purchased one.
The bulb holder won't go in the hole now.

Seeing the mish mash of different kinds of bulb holders that has been patched
into the harness back there. . . it wouldn't surprise me at all of they had
been substituted from one car to another, and the holes in the taillight body
enlarged to accept it.

Anyone happen to have some spare tail light sockets they'd like to part with.
I may just go buy all new ones and fix it right.
But that side one apparently may not be available.

Any help / comments?

Thanks to all for the tons of help you give.

Scott Tilton
1970 TR6 Everyday
Leesburg, VA
http://health.yahoo.com