Heater Valve Doesn't Close? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Bob Fabie <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Heater Valve Doesn't Close? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 19:23:07 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, six pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Bob Fabie
>During my recent rebuild, I replaced the heater valve on my TR6 (the
thing that sticks up from the head). The cable is also new. The valve
appears to be operating in that it slides all the way to the top and all
the way back to the bottom. However, it's obvious that the valve is not
closing since the heater hose is hot and there's hot air in the
passenger compartment.

Can anyone help with any information. Could the valve be going through
its motions but the valve actually not closing?
<

Yes.  Sounds like a defective valve.  You can send it back and get another
or you can splice an inline valve into the heater hose to shut off the
flow.

Or both.

Cheers

Dave