Problem with TR4A fuel pump kit

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problem with TR4A fuel pump kit
From: Dave Rupert <Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:44:08 -0400
Hello all,

I recently rebuilt my fuel pump with a rebuild kit from Moss.  I
subsequently found a pinhole leak in another section of the fuel line, so
just for grins a pulled off the sediment bowl to see if anything had been
caught in it.  The bowl popped off with quite a bit of force, which I found
to be the result of the new rubber gasket swelling up to twice its normal
size.  I realize that gas formulation these days is much different that it
used to be, but this was still unexpected.  I bodged it back together by
trimming the swollen gasket down to size with a sharp knife, but if that fix
doesn't put me in the category of "hack", I don't know what does.  Has
anybody else had this problem?  Does anyone know if there is a locally
available gasket at NAPA that works so I don't have to wait for Moss to
resolve it?  Anybody from Moss listening on the list?  The fuel was Mobil
premium in SE Michigan.

Regards,

Dave Rupert
1957 TR3