Early Stag turn signal indicators

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Stag Discussion Forum" <stag@digest.net>
Subject: Early Stag turn signal indicators
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:27:25 -0700
Would someone with an early US-spec Stag please confirm for me that there is
only one dash lamp to indicate both turn signals ?

LE1473L seems to have the later cluster with two indicators (which both work
as they should), yet doesn't seem to have been molested otherwise.  I'm
wondering if it was converted, or whether the factory delivered them this
way.  ISTR there was a US regulation requiring two indicators, but I don't
know when it took effect.

Randall Young
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (currently sidelined for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver (Real Soon Now)