RE: Piston/ring orientation

To: "'Darrell Walker'" <darrellw@inetarena.com>, "'tr list list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Piston/ring orientation
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 07:42:26 -0400
Darrell,

In addition to what others have said, do not put the gaps on the thrust side
of the piston. I read this in at least one of the manuals I used to rebuild
my TR6 engine.

All you have to do now is figure out what the thrust side is. It has to do
with which side of the piston is being pushed to the cylinder wall. Maybe
others on the list can help.

- Hugh Fader