Re: TR3 timing marks

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 timing marks
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@ultrasw.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:49:24 -0700
"McEwen, Art" wrote:

> Silly question but:  How am I supposed to set the timing on my 3 without any
> gradient marks on the pulley?

If you have a protractor handy (or a sixth grader who will lend you theirs) draw
a circle on a sheet of paper as close as you can come to the diameter of the
crank pulley (borrow their compass while you're at it).  Then measure 4 degrees
on the circle.  This should give you a close enough feel for it that you can
eyeball the setting.  As Randall noted, the best results come from driving and
stopping along the way and tweaking the thumb wheel.

Or... ISTR that each tenth inch on the pulley circumference is about 2 degrees.
Not precise but should get you in the ballpark.

Geo Hahn
59TR3A
Tucson