Weekly compliment list

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weekly compliment list
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:36:36 -0400
They say you should pass happiness along so here is some of mine. Here is
just the last week's list of "got noticed" with the TR6:

1 - Parked outside. Came back and found business card from unknown person on
my driver's seat. "Nice Car" written on back.

2 - Pulled up to red light. Taxi pulled up along side. Driver rolls down
window and starts chatting just like I was his brother. "Nice car, but it
might rain be sure to put up the top" etc...

3 - Driving around sharp corner to my right (LHD car). Meet van going other
direction. Big smile and "Nice car!!" shoots across from unknown person.
"Thanks" I call back as always.

4 - Flocks of kids around local high school as semester has just let out.
"Nice car" every 40 feet driving slowly down street.

5 - Phone message on home machine from old friend haven't seen in 2 years,
"Nice car, was sure it was you passing by, let's get together". Nice.

6 - Best for last. Driving west on 3 lane highway (20) in dense traffic
moving at 10 mph going home at rush hour last Friday. I'm in the left lane
and a shiny black Porche Boxster is in the right keepign pace with me. The
middle lane moves ahead and a minivan passes slowly by. Two kids and the
driver hanging out the LEFT side of the van looking at the Triumph, not the
Porche. "beautiful car!" they call.

You could say it's just that they aren't intimidated by the Triumph the way
they would be by a Ferrari or Rolls, or perhaps its just the site of this
guy tooling along with a grin from ear to ear, but people seem to love the
sight of a bright red LBC. Can't say I disagree with them.

Half the nice sound and drive and the ooomph to keep up the work is due to
you guys on the list with the great advice. So I thought I would pass the
compliments along.

"Thanks!"

Mark Hooper