Bad Fuel Pump?

To: Marshall <mkatnt@netscape.net>
Subject: Bad Fuel Pump?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:09:00 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Marshall
>Went for a ride in my 1959 TR 3 yesterday. It was running like a charm
until I drove in to my drive way. It acted as if it had suddenly run out of
fuel (the gauge registers half full) and then it died. When I depress the
gas pedal I can see that the linkage under the carbs is moving, but I don't
think that it is getting fuel. Any thoughts? Does the fuel pump rely on a
fuse? Clogged filter (I added an in line filter just before the carbs)? Are
fuel pumps difficult to install and or find?
<

Have you looked down in the tank and verified that the fuel gauge is more
or less accurate?  (Use a flashlight, not an open flame)

Take the fuel line from the tank loose at the pump and see if there is any
fuel present.  There may be foriegn debris in the tank clogging the inlet
or the line.

Good luck

Dave Massey
57 TR3 (with recently resolved fuel line problems)