Dot 5 life

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dot 5 life
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:14:19 -0400
Cc: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[397DB650:01C21960] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g5LKEM316922
It was my understanding that Dot 5 was developed for the military with a
requirement that it have an almost indefinite life, that is, it did not require
any type of flush and refill.  The reason being that many of these vehicles sit
for extended periods, sometimes for many years in storage without any kind of
maintenance or upkeep.  They wonted the vehicles to be ready, understandably,
whenever need without worrying about fluid degradation.  This is also one of
the main reasons that this fluid is recommended for street rods and motor homes
etc.  This is because many of them sit unused for long periods ant then are
brought out and used
So the short answer I would give would be the life of Dot 5 is almost
indefinite -