RE: NJ Sightings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: NJ Sightings
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:41:03 -0700
> The use of NFI is a personal rant of mine.  Many people, on this list and
> others, will amend their posts after recommending a supplier or a
> particular
> shop with the acronym NFI.  However, a great many of the posts
> will also say
> "these guys have great deals, I bought part X and Y from supplier
> Z for 20%
> less than the competition", which means that the person posting
> does have a
> financial interest in seeing the supplier stay in business and continue to
> offer competitive prices to them.

Well, I see it a bit differently.  While it's definitely an advantage to all
of us to have suppliers stay in business (especially those offering quality
products at discount prices), IMO (in my opinion) NFI (no financial
interest) means no hidden financial interest, like being a stockholder,
employee, owner, etc.

There are several people on this list who are suppliers (or employees of
suppliers), normally they disclose such things when they might be relevant.
NFI is the negative of this disclosure.

Randall