Re: NJ Sightings

To: Mark Saffian <saffian@att.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NJ Sightings
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:29:49 -0400
> Now, please pardon my stupidity.  What do NFI and NOS stand
> for?
>
> Mark Saffian

NFI :: No Financial Interest (all too frequently used by people on these
lists for the sake of using it)

NLA :: No Long Available (either as a NOS or new part)

NOS :: New Old Stock (unused OEM parts from the period of time when your car
was produced)

OEM :: Original Equipment Manufacturer

The use of NFI is a personal rant of mine.  Many people, on this list and
others, will amend their posts after recommending a supplier or a particular
shop with the acronym NFI.  However, a great many of the posts will also say
"these guys have great deals, I bought part X and Y from supplier Z for 20%
less than the competition", which means that the person posting does have a
financial interest in seeing the supplier stay in business and continue to
offer competitive prices to them.

PC (Politically Correct) is my all-time most disliked acronym and
philosophy.

Cheers,

Kai