Re: OT - how do I move a homepage from one server to another cn.com>

To: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Subject: Re: OT - how do I move a homepage from one server to another cn.com>
From: corey.sherman@RCN.COM
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:35:59 -0400 22, 2002) at 06/20/2002 08:36:00 AM, Serialize complete at 06/20/2002 08:36:00 AM
Cc: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Please feel free to contact me off-list,
but essentially there must a an entry (record) within the global directory
(Domain Naming Service "DNS",) that maintains the address (Network IP
address) of where the website resides (the ISP host). This information is
reflected in the Whois of the web, and can be accessed by going to Network
Solutions (www.internic.net) or to www.godaddy.com.

Your files must be copied from one sevre to another, and then the record
changed to reflect the new location. The process is samiliar to changes
telephone numbers when moving from state to state.

Domain Names and Transfers: http://www.godaddy.com
Whois: http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois
Free DNS: http://www.mydomain.com/help/movingdomains