RE: Lucas supply & seatbelt buttons

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: RE: Lucas supply & seatbelt buttons
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 03:18:36 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mark Hooper wrote:
For me it isn't a question of spending $200, it's that I want to use
as many
of the original parts as possible as long as they work as I want them
to.
I like my TR6 to contain as many of its original parts as possible.

Couldn't agree more, Mark. Good for you. I've got a similar problem on
the release buckles on my big Triumph. The drivers buckle is missing
the press button but works just as well and just as fast with your
thumbnail. The spotty youth who did the last MOT test failed it on
tose grounds. I had to have a button, *he said* so I dug it out of the
glovebox, put it in the buckle and it passed the test!!!!!!!!!
He wasn't happy and said, "It shouldn't be like that. I mean, if you
were killed in an accident, how would you release the belt?" I still
havenn't quite worked out in my own mind if such a question is
deserving or worthy of an answer.

Jonmac