Triumph Bike at Mid-Ohio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Bike at Mid-Ohio
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:37:26 EDT
Triumph Listers

Bikes are strictly forbidden at Mid-Ohio. In a moment of inspiration
(stupidity?) I entered the track during Triumph Touring on Saturday, zipping
by security.

I rode "New Blue Too", a Triumph bicycle,  across the start finish line and
re-entered the paddock through the garage area.  I am looking for someone who
got a shot of this moment of insanity by camera or video.  Please respond to
N197tr4@cs.com  The owner of the bike has a few words to say
below.....thanks...

Joe Alexander

Joe Alexander gave me a priceless gift -- a Triumph bicycle, all original,
painted the same colors as my race car. Then, he had the stroke of genius
to have Kas sign it for me. Then, he rode it to the track and across the
finish line and back to the paddock, where he dared me to do the same
thing. I rode it to the track but by this time Track Security was onto us
and threatened to confiscate it if I didn't walk it back -- they don't call
him Teflon Joe for nothin........