Re: Commission Number Screw-up

To: "triumphlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Austrheamgafun@arczip.com>
Subject: Re: Commission Number Screw-up
From: "Thomas Beaver" <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:12:40 -0500
> Hello,
>
> I've finally decided to have the title to my '59 TR3A transferred into my
> name, and noticed the title displays the engine number as the cars VIN
number.
> i.e. the engine number matches the title, and the commission number does
not.
> This car has never been broken apart and I know the engine is original to
the
> car.  I would like to have the title corrected.  Does anyone happen to
have
> any good idea's how to deal with this kinda thing?  I'm sure every State
is
> different.  In Indiana, the first procedure to transferring a title from
out
> of State (car is from Missouri) is to have a police officer run a check on
the
> vehicle, and then have the numbers verified.  I'm afraid this is going to
be a
> major road block once he notices the numbers don't match up with the
> Commission number tag on the firewall.......
>
> Thanks for any ideas,
>
> Scott Helms
> Northern Indiana

Scott

Call your local law enforcement agencies to come out to do a police check. I
believe you will need two. They have the forms. There is a small fee like
$10 I think. Take these forms to your local BMV and ask for a new title. Pay
more fees. Hopefully you can get someone at your local BMV that knows what
you want to do, and of course make sure your in the right line.

Good  luck
Tom Beaver
Indy