RE: RE: Speedometer Flucuation (TR4)

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: Speedometer Flucuation (TR4)
From: john donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:42:38 -0700
Here's another opinion:

I've owned my 1967 TR4A since 1970. No right angle drive at the tranny,
just 2 clips to attach the cable to the body in the slave cylinder area
after a big curve of the cable out of the tranny. The center pull of the
handbrake has nothing to do with the routing of the speedo cable.

Also, I've found that the routing of the cable through the firewall to the
speedo is just as important, as well as the lubrication and fitting
tightness.

John in San Diego