FWD: RE: Speedometer Flucuation (TR4)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FWD: RE: Speedometer Flucuation (TR4)
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:24:03 -0400
>===== Original Message From Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com> =====
>===== Original Message From "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com> =====
>Paul, I do believe your TR4 should have a right-angle drive.  Speedo cables
>do not work well around sharp corners, and there's a very good chance the
>corner is the source of both the varying reading and the short life.  The
>drives aren't cheap (ISTR around $50 but don't quote me on that), but it's
>the right way to do it.  Available from the usual suspects.

Randall,

Sorry to disagree... but the TR4s did not use a right angle drive.  TR4As did
and moved the hand brake to between the seats. The TR4 gearbox cover has the
same type access hole and rubber boot tied into the handbrake as the TR3/A.  I
have mine hooked up with an extra long "TR3 Overdrive" cable from TRF.  The
regular TR4 cable is advertised as long enough to reach but is just a bit too
short to allow for gentle turns.

Brian

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA