RE: Dash Pot Oil

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dash Pot Oil
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:45:03 -0700 t ainbus.com>
> From your experience and from what you've heard from others, what is the
> best recommended fluid for the carbs? SU recommends a 20 wt oil yet I've
> heard Automatic Transmission Fluid is good and brake fluid is
> what I put in
> mine based on a couple of good mechanics I know. With this heat,
> I'm getting
> a flat spot on acceleration especially in 3rd and 4th.

Paul, there is a great deal of room for personal preference here.  Mine is
for heavier oils, 40 weight works pretty good for me (and is what ST
recommended for the TR3 in warm climates).  I'd suggest you experiment and
find what works best for you.  However, the difference is only when you
first open the throttle, if your 'flat spot' persists for very long you may
need a richer needle instead.

Randall